Sunday 19 June 2011

Lets Pump It … Louder!


Photo: Faisal B.

We had pasta and the saltiest meat thing (maybe?) ever tonight. SO many carbs and salt! All I want is a massive bowl of raw vegetables. But today the most INCREDIBLE news! I found a gym! It’s on the second floor of the grocery store. After going up some sketchy stairs and down a dark hallway there it is, my oasis. A tiny room, no electricity, steaming with heat… and there they are, three stationary bikes, two jump ropes, an exercise ball, scattered free weights a few weight machines, multiple buff guys, equally intimidating AND … an erg! Yes in the middle of this village an erg! A small one definitely not like the ones back home, my feet are spread far to wide and the setting of least resistance is comparable to lifting weights but its an erg none the less. I am so pumped to start working out regularly! All that is left to do now is to find a running partner coupled with my motivation. And so concludes a miraculous find.

No comments:

Post a Comment