Wednesday 6 July 2011

Hot Hot Chilies

Photo: Thomas Parente

The food one night was on fire. Spice like none other. I took a bite of cabbage and eyes starting to water tried to cool it down with some potato. This only amplified the problem as mixed into the potato was red and green chilies twice as hot as the cabbage.

The juice on the table with dinner, which I never take, is a blend of fruit flavored sucrose syrup with milk and tastes like cough medicine. I am not a picky eater and will eat almost anything but this is something that absolutely makes me gag.

Basically with no drink and everything on our plates close relatives of fire, Lyndsay and I looked at each other. Challenge accepted. Laughing at each other trying techniques to eat as quickly as possible. Tears streaming down our cheeks, lips, mouth and throat burning. It was so hot that not having eaten much that day I could feel it hit my stomach. A churning fire. We retreated back to our room and laid in bed in pain. Waiting for the water purification drops to settle.

No comments:

Post a Comment