Tuesday 12 July 2011

Rasta Man

*Singing don’t worry bout a thing, cause every little things, gonna be alright

Our supervisor Ntema is quite the individual and when I say crazy I mean it in all the best interpretations of the word. Dreadlocks tied back in a loose pony tale. Pressed and collard shirts with half length colorfully patterned satin ties. Huge pearly white teeth gapped in the front, matching spaces top and bottom. A large voice and loud smile. Regular elevation “meetings”. Walking, tapping, singing to the rhythm of his own life. That is Ntema in the briefest form of what can not be explained. While it has taken me a while to understand him, and although I never fully will, I have developed a great amount of respect for him and am thankful to find myself in the presents of such an inspirational and intricately unique teacher.

Ntema commonly refers to himself in the third person as Rasta man. For example: “I don’t know why she be hating on the rasta man.” As he has informed me… The Rasta is not all about that what what. The Rasta is also an artist, a poet, a writer, a musician. To write of emotional and spiritual beauty. Because that is what is important. Not this. Not the outside. It is the beauty of the mind and of thoughts and you must actualize those thoughts into an entity. Initiate the process of action. That is the person. You don’t edit original talent.

*Singing this is my message to you you you.

No comments:

Post a Comment